FESTIVAL PASS ON SALE NOW
Canada's premiere festival of new South Asian cinema, the National Bank Mosaic International South Asian film festival (MISAFF) film festival passes are now on sale. Festival pass includes the red carpet film festival gala events and all the movies one can manage over a fantastic four day weekend!
We are grateful to the venue Cineplex Mississauga for hosting MISAFF17 entirely at their 309 Rathburn Road West location in Mississauga.
FESTIVAL PASS DETAILS:
- Festival Pass on sale at a special reduced price of $90 (for two) in advance (until quantities last or July 31st) and $50 for one. Regular festival pass price is $65 after July 31st.
- Allows you 1 ticket for the opening night and closing night films (regular price $50 for the Opening Night Gala film and party).
- Allows you 1 ticket to the opening night party.
- Allows you 1 ticket to the closing night party.
- Allows you 1 ticket to every film at the festival (per time slot)..
- Pass not valid without a ticket.
- Please collect your ticket at least 20 minutes before each screening at the venue. Seating not guaranteed.
- Does not guarantee entry into the film screening or party. Priority is given on a first come basis.
- Non-transferable. Non-refundable. Only one ticket for each time slot. Tickets may be transferred.
Passes DO NOT guarantee entry into specific films. If you want to guarantee a film, please purchase an individual ticket for that film. Individual ticket holders will have priority.
The National Bank MISAFF17 festival opens this year with the brilliant MOKO JUMBIE directed by Vashti Anderson. The director and actor Dino Maharaj will be joining us from USA and Trinidad along with a slew of stars from the Canadian and South Asian film industry.
SYNOPSIS: Amidst the ruins of a coconut plantation in rural Trinidad, Asha is drawn to Roger. Their taboo attraction grows, despite family disapproval, political turmoil, and mysterious hauntings from ancestral spirits.
The film screening will be followed by Q & A with the actor and director. Following this event will be the MISAFF17 opening party. The opening party is accessible with the purchase of the opening night film and party ticket or the film festival pass. It is on a first come, first served basis and we have a capacity to keep in mind for our party location.
Thank you for supporting independent cinema and diverse voices in cinema and a big thank you to the Telefilm Canada, Cineplex and all our sponsors and supporters.
MISAFF17 single tickets can be purchased by clicking on the "here" button below each screening listing on the FEATURES page of the website.
closing red carpet gala
The National Bank MISAFF17 festival closes this year with the Canadian premiere of the critically-acclaimed film YOU ARE MY SUNDAY directed by Milind Dhaimade and starring Barun Sobte and Shahana Goswami. The director will be in attendance along with a slew of stars from the Canadian and South Asian film industy.
YOU ARE MY SUNDAY
A group of young beach soccer playing men try to navigate love and life in the complex maze of contemporary Mumbai.
The film screening will be followed by Q & A with the director followed by an awards ceremony and closing party.
Sunday, 6 August 2017 from 3:00 PM to 12:00 PM (EDT)